Sunday, May 8, 2011

The chicken run.

Here are a couple pictures of the new chicken run under construction.  Thinking it wouldn't be that difficult, I asked my gardener, Alejandro, to build it.  It's been a bit trial and error and the original walls were made out of green chicken wire.  It made sense at the time, but ended up looking terrible.  The wire couldn't be pulled very tight and the walls were messy and wavy.  We scrapped that idea and then went with hardware cloth which looks much better.  Had I done a little more research beforehand, I probably would have build the frame out of 2x4s instead of posts sunk in concrete.  I learned that Alejandro's brother, Juan, used to raise chickens in Mexico (for cockfighting!  arghhh!!!) and has built many a chicken coop.  Juan is going to build the chicken house inside the run and is already drawing up the plans.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with Karsh! This is def sitcom material! a bunch of gays raising chickens? How can you go wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete